I have the most adorable 4 year old nephew. Dawson is very smart and energetic and enjoys testing the waters of his mom and dad's patience...but we sure do love him.
Today, I spent some time at Bryan and Melissa's with Suz, and she and I got to overhear a conversation that Melissa and Dawson were having as he was taking his evening shower:
*Dawson jumps in the tub, slips, and falls (after having been told not to do it once before already)*
Melissa: Dawson, you are one lucky son-of-a-gun. You could have bitten your lip and it could have been a lot worse.
Dawson: Mom, what's a son-of-a-gun?
Melissa: (Pause) Oh, it's just a silly term.
Dawson: (Pauses then asks very concernedly) I'm a silly term?
*Steph, Suz, Melissa (and then Dawson) laugh hysterically*
And then we were having FHE at their house a few minutes later. We learned about the articles of faith. Melissa wanted to do a review with Dawson before bed. It went something like this:
Melissa: Dawson, who wrote the articles of faith?
Dawson: Um, Jesus?
Melissa: Uh, no.
Dawson: Heavenly Father?
Melissa: (chuckles) No.
Dawson: Richard?
*Again, hysterical laughter by all*

2 comments:
My kids constantly keep me laughing too ... and those Dawsonisms are classic!
Love it. Ha ha! Cute little dude too. :)
Post a Comment