Monday, January 17, 2011

Ward Christmas Party & Tree

Ellie wanted absolutely NOTHING to do with Santa this year.

We would ask her what she wanted Santa to bring her for Christmas. Tears welled up in her eyes, and she would cry, "I don't want Santa to come to my house."

"But he'll bring you presents," we would reassuringly apply. "Santa is a nice man."

"I don't want Santa to come to my house and I don't want Santa to bring me presents."

Well, then came our Ward Christmas party. She would not sit on Santa's lap. His only redeeming quality in her eyes was that he gave her a candy cane. She was a little more curious, but still kept her distance. Before Santa left, he was so nice to come and kneel down next to her and talk to her for a little bit. I think she felt better about Santa, but still said that she didn't want him to come to our house.














We tried to take pictures of the girls by the tree after the party.
Julesy was more interested in destroying the tree.

0 comments: