When Ellie turned 2, we went out and bought her a potty seat and a step stool to get up on the toilet. She tinkled a few times at the beginning, but wanted nothing to do with the potty for the last few months. I think that she developed a fear of the toilet, or something like that. Anyway, while Rich took his last trip to Mexico, I noticed we were running low on "Ellie diapers" and, not wanting to go and buy another big box, decided to give potty-training another try. I put Ellie on the toilet and we sang some of her favorite songs from nursery. We sang The Itsy-Bitsy Spider, The Wheels on the Bus, Book of Mormon Stories, Popcorn Popping, and Jesus Wants Me for a Sunbeam. This made potty-time fun, and Ellie was tinkling again. I decided to put her in some big-girl panties that I had bought (which are really big-boy panties since she loves Buzz Lightyear, The Incredibles, Lightning McQueen, and Wall-E) and she continued to go in the potty all day, accident free. I am happy to report that it has now been two weeks, and she has only had a handful of teeny-tiny accidents where she is able to stop herself, and we are still able to rush to the potty and go. We are so proud of our big girl!
10 years ago

3 comments:
WOOHOO, Ellie! So proud of you! And Mom, way to go. You have a precocious little pee-er on your hands, eh?
Yeah! I love that kids like what they like. They can love pink or love blue and no one can tell them any different. It can change thou, Andrew went to kindergaten last year and part way through the year said anything that had a character was baby. Stopped wearing tshirts underwear with anything on it. I mean theyre only 5. Crazy. Good job, Ellie.
I love it! She look so adorable in those panties! Oh I can't wait to see ya!!!!!
Post a Comment